Free Workplace Harassment Policy Template
A workplace harassment policy is a set of guidelines and procedures designed to prevent and address workplace harassment. Workplace harassment can take many forms, including but not limited to, sexual harassment, racial harassment, and religious harassment. A well-designed workplace harassment policy will help to create a respectful and professional work environment for all employees.
A workplace harassment policy should:
- Define what workplace harassment is and what behavior’s are considered to be harassment;
- Set out the consequences for employees who engage in harassment;
- Describe the procedures for reporting and investigating complaints of harassment;
- Outline the support and resources available to employees who have experienced harassment;
- Include a statement that the employer is committed to creating a workplace free from harassment.
What does a harassment policy cover?
A harassment policy typically covers several different types of behavior, including:
- Verbal harassment, such as derogatory comments or jokes
- Physical harassment, such as unwanted touching or intimidation
- Visual harassment, such as offensive graffiti or images
- Cyber harassment, such as threatening emails or texts
If you have been the victim of harassment at work, it is important to know that you have options. The first step is to report the harassment to your employer or the HR department within the organization.
How can I file a complaint about workplace harassment?
If you have been the victim of workplace harassment, there are a few steps you can take to file a complaint. First, you should contact your HR department and let them know what has happened. They will be able to help you file a formal complaint and start an investigation.
Once you have made an official complaint, you should gather evidence to support your claim. This can include things like emails, texts, and any other written communication. You should also gather any witnesses who can corroborate your story. Once you have all of this information, you will be able to file a strong complaint and get the justice that you deserve.
How do I write my own workplace harassment policy?
No company wants to deal with workplace harassment, but unfortunately, it’s an issue that many businesses have to face. Having a clear and well-written workplace harassment policy can help to prevent and address this type of behavior in the workplace.
When writing a workplace harassment policy, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, your policy should be clear and concise. It should spell out what behavior is considered to be harassment and what the consequences are for violating the policy. Additionally, your policy should be easy for employees to understand and accessible to all.
If you’re not sure where to start, there are a number of free templates available online like the one provided by EasyLegalDocs.com.